Wayfarer6 is a new generation driver console developed by Parkeon as part of its Smart Transport programme to support the emergence of Smart Cities.
The platform integrates ticketing and validation in one holistic design, offering multi-read capability – including contactless EMV bank cards and ITSO – barcode reading, 4G connectivity, location-aware SatNav/route learning and a touchscreen option.
Wayfarer6 which includes a high performance 32 bit processor, supports automatic destination updating, 2-way driver messaging, Real Time Information and fleet management, along with sophisticated third party integration covering scheduling systems, vehicle telematics, voice radio systems, CCTV, and passenger Wi-Fi. It utilises many of the existing Wayfarer data sets and configuration files, and is backwards compatible with the successful Wayfarer200 series.
The console, ideal for buses, trams, trains and metros – and integrated multi-modal networks – communicates with Parkeon’s newly-developed TMS 2 back office solution, offering web-based reporting and system configuration, with options for hosting and managing operator systems. It can also function as a static point of sale terminal.
In addition, Wayfarer6 provides key management data and reports, including customer buying patterns, that help to enhance efficiency, optimise services, reduce fraud, improve revenue management and monitor performance by driver, operator and route.
Wayfarer6 can interface with remote smart card validators, such as the Parkeon Axio Touch, to provide a fully integrated system aligned to today’s modern ticketing requirements.
Versatile design and future-proof architecture
- Based on Microsoft Windows or the open source Android Operating System makes development of additional features, advanced services and applications easy and fast
- Adaptable to provide either a basic or a fully integrated ticketing system capable of development as necessary to keep pace with evolving customer requirements
- Can be used as a standalone bus driver console only, or as part of a comprehensive vehicle AFC and RTPI System
Ticket issuing and validation in one integrated device
- Fast secure processing to speed up boarding time without detracting from operational efficiency and management planning
- Provides an interface for smart card operation as well as an interface for Real Time Passenger Information systems
- Handles all contactless smart cards/tags and types including passes, multi-journey and stored value
- Contactless EMV bank card handling ready
- Multiple anti-fraud features including remote deactivation of validators during inspection
- Clearly advise passengers of the status of smart card validity, number of journeys remaining, season ticket status and balance
- Local Intelligent System and Real Time passenger information providing the progress of travel on the route using the integrated vehicle location system (GPS) and wireless communications infrastructure (GPRS, 3G/4G)
- Distributes real time and local information to passengers through high speed Ethernet connections to Axio Touch validators
Robust, reliable, proven
- Widely deployed worldwide
- Qualified and well-proven components
- Optimised to meet all the requirements of the mobile world of bus and tram travel