What is RSP?
Rail Settlement Plan (RSP) is a division of the Association of Train Operating Companies (ATOC) and is owned by the franchised passenger rail operators. It provides a range of common, largely IT based services, to Train Operating Companies (TOCs), Open Access Operators and to others, including third party providers of information and retail services. The company was established on the privatisation of British Railways to enable the new rail operators to continue to provide a network wide retail service - something that passengers were familiar with prior to privatisation. Since then, the company has increased the range of services it provides to rail operators and others.
The company now:
- Collects retail sales data from 10,000 points-of-sale;
- Carries out the correct allocation of ticket revenue to rail operators;
- Settles that revenue to the rail operators;
- Sets standards for and accredits all industry points of sale such as Ticket Vending Machines and Ticket Office Machines.
- Maintains the central industry fares database and provides tools for rail operators to set fares
- Distributes fares, timetable, station and other industry data to points of sale and other information systems;
- Provides the National Reservations Service enabling retailers to book reservations on all trains with reservable seats;
- Provides the capability to pick up pre-ordered tickets at self service ticket machines (Ticket on Departure);
- Provides all of the industry ticket stock, and
- Provides Merchant Acquirer services.
Parkeon & RSP
The new ToDler® collect-only ToD kiosk is the latest Parkeon TVM to receive accreditation from the Association of Train Operating Companies (ATOC) and it now joins ASTREO and GALEXIO in the line-up offered to the UK rail sector.
ToDler® is being installed by TOCs across England as a rapid fulfilment option for passengers who book online. This small, collect-only kiosk enhances the passenger experience – either on-or-off station – and augments the Parkeon line-up of TVMs, including the full retail, self-service ASTREO and GALEXIO units, available to train operators.
The Parkeon range of rail TVMs is supported by a comprehensive nationwide service and maintenance capability.