Bus Service Operators Grant (BSOG)
Are you ready for the BSOG Uplift?
We are…and we can help you qualify for an extra £1,000 per bus, per year in grants.
The Department for Transport (DfT) has announced a series of reforms to the Bus Service Operators Grant (BSOG), which advances the concept of smart ticketing through increased grant funding for ITSO ticketing schemes.
From April 2010, operators with a fully-enabled and operational ITSO smartcard system can look forward to an 8% uplift in their BSOG rate – plus an extra 2% if they also install GPS equipment.
According to the DfT announcements, these incentives could be worth up to £1,000 per bus per year…every year
For bus operators, it’s a great opportunity not only to invest in ITSO-compliant ticketing technology and latest generation GPS, but to reap significant on-going bottom-line benefits.
So why talk to Parkeon?
We’re already leading the way in ITSO systems – with our fully-certified range of Wayfarer on-vehicle equipment and by working with every live major ITSO scheme in the country.
Ask us about -
- • Immediate access to Wayfarer 150 and Wayfarer 200 ITSO ticketing platforms fully compliant with ENCTS and other smartcard systems (as per BSOG criteria)
- • Industry-leading GPS equipment that enables delivery of real-time passenger information
- • Comprehensive back-office reconciliation systems
- • Industry-leading installation and project management support
- • Unrivalled ITSO experience in handling millions of transactions every month
Remember, to take advantage of the BSOG uplift, you have to implement ITSO certified equipment. For further information on Parkeon’s involvement in ITSO and details of our ITSO compliant products, please click here.
Department for Transport’s: Smart and Integrated Ticketing Strategy
For further information and the latest announcements on the DfT's BSOG incentives, please click on the following links: